baby

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Honeydew!

35 Weeks!

We had another doctor appointment this week. His heart rate was more in the range of where he has been in the 130's. I'm 35 weeks and the belly measures 35 cm, so he's right on track for growth. He is still moving all the time, pretty much. I also am going to meet with a physical therapist for my back pain. I want to see if there are some stretches they can suggest to help with the pain when I walk.

It's not the most attractive picture, but at this stage in the game, I'm not in a place where I really care much. My feet and ankles are swollen. I walk like a penquin. My back hurts when I walk. I can't lay down flat on my back - if I also intend to breathe. I can't lay on my stomach for obvious reasons and laying on my side has gotten old and not that comfortable. If I don't sit up straight I get kicked in not so comfy places. In other words ~ I've lost all motivation to get pretty for the camera... so here's another belly shot:


Here's a shot of my present from Matt:

He put it on his side of the bed, as he intends to get up with the baby, change him, give him to me for feedings, and then put him back to bed when I'm done... any bets on how long that will last?? :-) He's been really great and is pretty excited about all of this. It's fun to watch him being so involved. He really got into registering for baby stuff and picked out most of it. He's arranged the baby's room and helped decide where everything should go and how we should organize things. He's been reading the books I've gotten so far as gifts. He's got the swaddling technique down. And he's even gained weight with me!! :-)

Baby Center.com ~ "Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight."


Baby Development This Week!

No comments: