baby

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hospital

Will started crying a couple hours after we laid him down on Saturday night. We thought it was his teeth (which he now is showing 2 on the bottom). We gave him Tylenol and put some numbing stuff on his gums. That didn't work. We tried his nuk. Didn't want it. We tried a teether. Didn't want it. We tried cuddling and rocking. Not having it. We tried a bottle. Nope.

After a few hours of crying, his "hurt" cry, we brought him into the ER. That's all we have up here for urgent care at midnight. Matt has been feeling really sick, so Dad, Ash, Scott, and I all piled in the car for a family trip to the ER. It was really helpful to have a few extra hands to help with stuff.

He screamed the whole way, except for the last 10 minutes. Then he fell asleep. I swore to the ER nurse that he had been crying inconsolably for the last few hours. She said that happens all the time. He seemed happy to be in this new environment with new people. Apparently family has become boring for him.

He's up to 19 pounds at 8.5 months old.

Papa G carried him back and helped to keep him busy while we waited for the doctor. Will really liked the doctor and nurses. After checking his ears, the doctor confirmed a double ear infection. We got Ibuprofen, Amoxicillin, and numbing drops for his ears. Will calmed down quickly and fell asleep.

He's doing really well now and seems to really like taking his meds!


Here he is in the ER. Note his little hospital bracelet...




Still sleeping a lot the next day...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Seeing my Grandson Will this past weekend was the highlight of my trip!! He is such a good little guy. I watched both Matt and Kelly they do an excellent job with him. He is so lucky to have them for parents!

The trip to the ER was funny this kid cried the whole way. But once in the ER he was good as gold. You never would have thought he was sick. Made us look like crazy people when we said he cried for so long! He has a fantastic disposition. The poor little guy had to be in pain, I am sure.

I came home and thought to myself, I am pretty lucky. Both my girls have good Men in their lives and are everything a Dad could ask for. Now a great little Grandson. It does not get better then this! Thanks Kelly and Matt for putting me up and making my Vacation so memorable. Thanks Scott for the fantastic Dinner on Saturday!! Thanks Ashley for running around and finding a bed for Grandma's house, so I have a place to sleep now!

DD (Papa G)

Ashley said...

Poor baby, I felt SO bad for him- I remember all too well how bad ear infections hurt :( I'm glad he is doing better! I love you bug!

Candace said...

Oh him in that hospital bed I just want to pick him up and cuddle him. Poor little guy! I do love how he made all of you look like crazy people! Such a smith thing to do! I am so GLAD he is okay. I bet you were so worried.

Take care,
Cousin Candy