32 Weeks and counting...
We have another doctor appointment next Tuesday. So far things are going well. This week sleep has been changing a bit. Waking up a bit more in the middle of the night & trying to get comfy can be difficult. He continues to be quite a mover! Most days he's moving around and kicking every few hours it seems like. I have to say, movements under your skin is an odd thing to watch...
I'm finishing up summer classes and finals this week! Next week I start my summer vacation, although I'll be working on my clinical research project (doctoral dissertation), portions of which need to be in by November. Matt has been busy with projects at our house, his mom's, and his sister's. He has most of the baby room put together, crib, dresser, desk. I'll have to get some pictures and put them on the next post.
Baby Center.com ~ By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, he'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb. He now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth.

3 comments:
what the heck is a jicama???
That's what I was wondering!! :-)
According to Wikipedia, it's a food - also known as Mexican Potato, Mexican Turnip, or Yam Bean... It sounds like it grows on a vine and you eat the root. I love the foods they come up with to compare the baby's size and/or weight to... :-)
This sucks!
They keep comparing my Grandson to things like, A Potato, or NOW A TURNIP!!
Besides, half this stuff I have no idea what the size is anyway. Oh, well, It's going to be 118 degree's in Phoenix today. Now that is HOT! Ummm, still better then -18! I noticed on my last Doctor's visit, I am shorter..... I think I maybe melting!
Poppa G
Post a Comment