I gained 3 cm in the tummy measurement. Typically I should have gained 2 cm (one cm per week). The doctor said that I'm right on track for growth. My blood pressure was 106/76, so still staying low as normal (for me). His heart rate was in the 150's - which is high for him (normal heart rate is 120-170). Normally he's been in the 130's. Our appointments have generally been in the AM, so I'm not sure what he was all excited about that day. The next appointment is in 2 weeks.
He still moves all the time. I stopped counting kicks, since he's moving every couple hours. As he gets bigger, he may not move as much, but we'll see. If he does slow down his movements, that's just another reason for me to eat ice cream!
I've been feeling pretty good. I'd love to complain about all the hardships this pregnancy has brought me - but so far, I can't (knock on wood). I've had most of the different discomforts of pregnancy - but most have been short lived or mild. We'll see what the next two months bring. It makes me a little apprehensive about the delivery. I've had a mild pregnancy, so the delivery is bound to be nightmare. Murphy's Law!
Week 33:
Baby Center.com ~ "This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood."
Baby at 33 weeks
Pampers Parentpages ~
Quick study. "All of my senses are working now!" Your baby's brain is still developing rapidly as his five senses get ready for the world outside the womb. At this point, he can see the liquid world around him; feel sensation when he grabs a toe or sucks on a finger; taste the amniotic fluid he's swallowing; and hear your heartbeat, your voice, and the grumble of your stomach. Of course, there's no air in the amniotic sac to carry scent, but if there were, he could also smell his environment. Because of tremendous brain growth, your baby's head circumference has increased by nearly half an inch just this week.

1 comment:
Kelly~ You are so funny! You had me laughing as I read your post. It was great seeing you at the baby shower. Sorry I had to take off early. I went to visit Gramma Betty today and she said the rest of the party went well. Best wishes to you as you finish this last leg of your pregnancy!
Post a Comment