We get weekly updates regarding the approximate changes that are taking place with the baby. This is what is happening for 24 weeks!
How your baby's growing:Your baby's growing steadily, gaining about a quarter of a pound since last week, when he was just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), that makes a pretty lean figure, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon put on more baby fat. Your baby's skin is thin, translucent, and wrinkled, his brain is growing rapidly, and his taste buds are developing. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" and cells that produce surfactant, a substance **that helps the air sacs inflate easily.
Here is a picture of what a baby of this gestation typically looks like:
http://www.babycenter.com/fetal-development-images-24-weeks
He's still pretty active and I've still been feeling pretty well.

1 comment:
I find it troubling that they always refer to the baby as food... I guess I should just be happy that the food in question is identifiable this time.
Although really... who can't picture a "foot" in their head without imagining corn?
Post a Comment