Matt decided to do something for Emily as a gift for when the baby arrives. Something from him to her. He made her a hope chest and it turned out really cool! He made it using three different woods - the same three woods that are in our new house. The top is oak, which is what our floors are. The shallow top storage and feet are pine, which is what our trim, doors, & ceiling are. The sides are hickory, which is what our cabinets are.
He showed it to my sister and she wanted one. I do too!! :-)
Here are some pictures:

The shallow storage space at the top:

Here's the larger storage after you remove the shallow storage:

Matt engraved it under the cover:

There is an additional secret storage at the very bottom. You can't tell from looking at the front or from the inside that it's there:

Emily was really happy with it and excited to take it home!
5 comments:
I'm so Jealous!!!
Emily's hope chest is beautiful! Great job on it, Matt. She's a lucky little girl to have such a loving and thoughtful dad!!
I am in Aw. What an amazing and thoughtful gift. BTW Can we commission one for the Riley Family?:)
Love, Bri
Matt - do you give lessons. These works you do are amazing. I'd love to learn how to do these crafts! ;-) I can teach you to quilt in return! hehe.
That is truly an awesome gift - and who knew Matt was so talented! Its on my wishlist...hint hint. :-)
Post a Comment