We had a really good time paddling around a lake made out of an old mining area in Crosby. The lake was relatively small, no boat traffic, two other kayakers, some campers, a couple of scuba divers, some swimmers, and a fisherman. It ranged from 300-600 feet deep and you could see down 30 feet in some shallower areas. It was amazing! There was even a shallow area in the middle where you could 'park' the boat and get out and walk around or swim. The land around the lake was all wooded - no homes or resorts. Very calm lake, very serene.
The only problem I had was getting in and out of the kayak. You can take a look at the pictures below to see why... (if you hadn't already guessed!)


We have another weekly doctor appointment today, so we'll see how things are going. I'm afraid it doesn't seem like they are progressing much. I don't know that it is likely that I'll make my sister's Friday deadline. ;-)
I've had some mild back pain, which has been different from the back pain I've had just from the extra weight and loosening joints. I've had some mild cramping but no consistent pain or cramping. He seems to be running out of room though, because his stretches are becoming really uncomfortable and he doesn't kick as hard, but still moves around about the same. He's been moving a lot more in the middle of the night and waking me up. Apparently this is 'play time'... we'll have to figure out how to change that once he's here. :-)
I'll hopefully post another update Wednesday or Thursday with updates.

2 comments:
FYI you're nuts going kayaking in your condition. Heck, I don't even do it and I'm not pregnant! haha This post made me laugh, you're too funny and I'm surprised it didn't make him come out faster!!
What a perfect belly!
Love, Bri
Post a Comment